History of Rockland All Saints
The church is a1/2 mile from the village centre with an Anglo-Saxon nave. While the south windows are 14-15th century, the east window is Victorian corresponding to a major re-furbishment that was carried out in that period.
The font is 19th entury with the church also containing a small Norman stone font bowl.
All the hassocks have been made by parishioners, with many being dedicated to loved ones.
As the chuch has no mains electricity the organ is hand pumped for services, and for special occasions the church is candle lit.
In the church yard is the former village day school built in 1851, and which was briefly used in the 1940’s by pupils evacuated from London.
Hilary, son of Holman-Hunt the famous Raphaelite artist, is buried in the churchyard.